Followers

Monday, January 6, 2014

Cold Weather carnivorous Recipe of the Day!

As you know I am a vegetarian but I need to feed my carnivores meat on occasion or they will become restless.  I will be making this for our cold weather tomorrow with some biscuits and Mashed potatoes.  Yummy!

Perfect Pot Roast (Slow-Cooker)


Ingredients

    1. 2 lbs beef roast
    2. 4  new potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
    3. 1 1/2 cups baby carrots
    4. 1 large onion, quartered and pulled apart
    5. 1 1/2 cups beef broth
    6. 1 (1 1/2 ounce) envelopes dry vegetable soup mix ( I use Knorr)

Directions

  1. Place roast into crockpot and surround with vegetables.
  2. Combine beef broth and vegetable soup mix, then add to crockpot.
  3. Cover and cook on LOW 6-8 hours or HIGH 3-4 hours.

1 comment:

  1. I adjusted the recipe and used a packet of Beef Stew seasoning and Cooking Red wine. Let's see if it helps or hinders the roast. I'll have to ask my carnivorous family.

    ReplyDelete