Followers

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Wide Awake!

Today is day 1 of make life changes and here I am at 12:38 AM wide awake and unable to sleep.  I had great intentions of getting a good nights rest to start work refreshed tomorrow.  I am a special education teacher which can sometimes be demanding and draining.  However, I do enjoy going to work every day.  I just have to find a way to balance the demands of work with the demands at home.  I need to remember to always put family first no matter what the cost is.  It is my family who inspires me daily and it is for them I wake up and live each day.  I must make sure I am always available to them when they look for me.  I have decided to Facebook less, Journal more, and spend more time reading and writing with my children.  We have become a family with too many gadgets and too much time apart that we are losing sight of one another.  The time I have left to spend with my children as children is becoming less and less.  I have a little over 4 years before I send baby girl off to college and maybe less time than that when she starts dating and driving a car.  I hope I will survive without them there some day.  I hope I will know my purpose in life when all I have is time on my hands.

Today's plan of action is to stay away from sugar and to drink lots of water.  I also plan to go on an after dinner walk with the family if the weather permits.  If it is too cold we will find an activity to help us get moving together.  I will log in later to share my recipe of the day and to report how day 1 went.  For now I leave you with a few words of encouragement.

Everyone has inside them a piece of good news. The good news is you don't know how great you can be! How much you can love! What you can accomplish! And what your potential is! - Anne Frank

No comments:

Post a Comment